Thanks for shopping at Wedge Labels!
Wedge Labels takes great lengths to protect its consumers’ right to privacy. The following guidelines outline the appropriate handling of all consumer information passed through this website.
Here at Wedge Labels, we value our consumers and take great pride in assuring that their privacy is maintained. With electronic mail, Internet, and other online resources growing exponentially, it is crucial we maintain an environment where our consumers feel comfortable that the information they provide us will not be misused.
Wedge Labels only collects, uses and discloses personal information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such information as is required for the purposes of providing services to our clients. We only use fair and lawful methods of collecting personal information.
All staff and employees are committed to maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with the Federal Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), as well as provincial private-sector legislation which has been declared to be “substantially similar” to PIPEDA, to the extent they apply to Wedge Labels.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. “Personal information” does not include business contact information of an individual that the organization collects, uses or discloses solely for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with the individual in relation to their employment, business or profession.
This policy does not cover aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. Wedge Labels reserves the right to use aggregated data in any way that it determines appropriate.
Why and How Wedge Labels May Collect Personal Information
Wedge Labels consumer information may be collected when consumers:
- Call Wedge Labels Consumer Service Center. When consumers call the CSC, we might ask for their names, address, phone number, and other consumer profile information that helps us better serve their needs in the future. Consumer information is collected only if the consumer has given us permission to do so. This information helps facilitate communication with our consumers by allowing us to quickly and efficiently identify the consumer.
- Visit the Wedge Labels website. Consumers might be asked to respond to survey questionnaires or to register to receive future mailings and product updates. Consumers might also be asked to provide consumer information before downloading Wedge Labels brand software.
How Will Wedge Labels Use your Personal Information?
The consumer information we collect allows us to better understand our consumers and their product and service preferences. Consumer profiles help us develop and programs which meet our consumers’ needs. The typical consumer profile information collected is: name and postal address, phone or fax number.
Consumer information may be used for various research projects aimed to better understand Wedge Labels consumer preferences. The data may be used to evaluate consumer reactions to content and services offered online. It may also include using the consumer’s name and address for direct mail or other consumer communication methods.
Our use of personal information is limited to the purposes described in this Policy and Wedge Labels does not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any personal information it has obtained.
Wedge Labels Brand Online Services
Wedge Labels consumer website in Canada is www.wedgelabels.ca. Consumers that visit our site can preview product information and find out more about what we do. From time to time, we ask our consumers to respond to surveys or questionnaires, to register to receive future mailings or product updates.
Information collected about a consumer may include:
- Contact or locator information (such as name, postal, and email addresses);
- Navigational information (such as data revealing consumers’ preferences or the choices they make among the range of, services, or sites);
- Other consumer profile information that helps us better target our and services.
When Wedge Labels May Disclose Your Personal Information
Wedge Labels does not disclose any of your private information without your informed consent, unless we are required or permitted to by law. Such circumstances may include:
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- Where Wedge Labels believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
- Where it is necessary to permit Wedge Labels to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that Wedge Labels (Canada) may sustain;
- Where it is necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased;
- Where the information is contained in a witness statement and its collection, use or disclosure is necessary to assess, process or settle an insurance claim;
- Where it is reasonable for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement, or actual or suspected illegal activity; or
- Where it is necessary for the purpose of a prospective business transaction if the information is necessary to determine whether to proceed with the transaction or to complete the transaction, or a completed business transaction where the information is necessary to carry on the activity that was the object of the transaction.
A “business transaction” includes:
- the purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of an organization or a part of an organization, or any of its assets;
- the merger or amalgamation of two or more organizations;
- The making of a loan or provision of other financing to an organization or a part of an organization;
- the creating of a charge on, or the taking of a security interest in or a security on, any assets or securities of an organization;
- the lease or licensing of any of an organization’s assets; and
- any other prescribed arrangement between two or more organizations to conduct a business activity.
Where obligated or permitted to disclose information without consent, Wedge Labels will not disclose more information than required.
On occasion, we may disclose names and information collected to approved firms that conduct market research for Wedge Labels or to companies that do joint promotional activities with Wedge Labels (Canada). However, you have the right to instruct us not to share any part of personal information with other organizations.
Giving Consent to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
There are various ways for you to give your consent to Wedge Labels to collect, use and disclose your personal information. It can be:
- express consent – for example, verbally, electronically or on a form, you sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information;
- implied consent – for example, when you provide information necessary for a product or service you have requested, or in some circumstances where we have given notice about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for the identified purpose (e.g. using an “opt-out” option provided).
Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney).
Withdrawing Consent to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You are free to withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable, advance notice. However, it should be noted that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain and services.
Our consumers have the right to decline disclosure of personal information that is collected on our databases. The records for those individuals who request that their personal information not be used for future mailings or phone calls will be marked in our database so that their names will be excluded from any contact in the future. You are also free to opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties. However, the opt-out option is not retroactive.
Currently, we mark consumer records in two ways:
Do not mail excludes the consumer’s name from our direct mail campaigns
Do not call indicates that the consumer does not wish to receive any phone communication (i.e., phone research or telemarketing campaigns) from Wedge Labels (Canada).
Consumers can request removal of their name and consumer information by the following methods:
- Calling Wedge Labels Consumer Service Center: (1-800-933-4336)
We would only use email communication with consumers if consumers have given us express permission to do so or if we are otherwise permitted by law to email individual consumers. All such communications between Wedge Labels and consumers are compliant with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Protection of Personal Information
Wedge Labels recognizes the sensitivity of your personal information and protects it using appropriate physical, electronic or procedural security measures with respect to its offices and information storage facilities. This may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. This also applies to our disposal or destruction of personal information.
Only authorized employees and agents of Wedge Labels, who require access to your personal information to fulfill their job requirements, will have access to your personal information. All personal information files and data are the sole property of Wedge Labels and are stored in a secure location or on a secure server.
Information may be securely transferred or stored outside of Canada. Where information is transferred or stored outside Canada, it may be accessible to foreign law enforcement and other foreign authorities.
A “breach of security safeguards” means the loss of, unauthorized access to or unauthorized disclosure of personal information resulting from a breach of an organization’s security safeguards or from a failure to establish those safeguards. In case of a breach of security safeguards involving personal information under the control of Wedge Labels, we will notify the affected individual and the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, if it is reasonable in the circumstances to believe that the breach creates a real risk of significant harm to the individual, including physical, financial or reputational harm. We will also notify any other organization or government institution that can reduce the risk or mitigate the harm from the breach.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Information
Wedge Labels endeavours to ensure that any personal information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, Wedge Labels will revise the personal information and, if necessary, use its best efforts to inform third parties which were provided with inaccurate information so that those third parties may also correct their records.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.
When your personal information is no longer required for Wedge Labels’s purposes, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it into an anonymous form.
Currently, the principal place in which Wedge Labels holds personal information is in Canada.
If you would like to access or correct Wedge Labels’s file of your personal information, you may contact us at anytime. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions.
Resolving your Privacy Concerns
In the event of questions about: (i) access to your personal information; (ii) our collection, use, management or disclosure of personal information; or (iii) this Policy; please contact Wedge Labels by sending an e-mail through our contact us page or calling us directly. Wedge Labels will investigate all complaints and if a complaint is justified, we will take all reasonable steps to resolve the issue.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by writing to:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site. Additionally, we may collect information when you provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, the website will still be fully functioning.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
4085 Sladeview Crescent
Mississauga, Ontario L5L 5X3
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, please contact us.